Accelerating heat decarbonisation with heat communities
We organise monthly online capacity-building sessions to address specific issues related to the heating and cooling transition. These sessions are based on sharing of experience between peers, and invitation of key experts.
This session will focus on heat communities. Energy communities are getting more and more attention, as a tool to empower citizens and accelerate the decarbonisation. However, it is often about electricity: what about heat? In this capacity-building session, we will explore the general framework for heat communities and benefit from the knowledge of pioneers on the topic.
- 10:00-10:05 – Welcome
- 10:05-10:30 – General framework for heat communities, Felix Kriedemann, REScoop + Q&A
- 10:30-10:55 – Community energies and municipalities: setting an energy community district heating network in Amsterdam, Siward Zomer, Meerenergie / Energie Samen + Q&A
- 10:55-11:00 – Screen break
- 11:00-11:25 – The Beauvent cooperative (BE), Jeroen Soenens, Project Manager Heat + Q&A
- 11:25-11:50 – Crowdfunding: a new way to develop district heating, Dr. Chiara Candelise, TEMPO project + Q&A (tbc)
- 11:50-12:00 – Closing
Interested in this session? Register here!